If you like it, consider serving it at your own potluck -- we still have spots if your interested in getting involved.
(Serves 8-12 people)
2-3 medium onions chopped
1 lb. ground turkey
1 12-ounce can tomato paste
1 28-ounce can peeled tomatoes, chopped
1 14-ounce can cream-style corn
1 cup polenta (corn meal)
2 tbsp. chile powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
black or Kalamata olives
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large pot, saute onions in olive or canola oil until clear and soft.
3. Add turkey and cook until lightly browned.
4. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, corn, polenta, spices and milk to the turkey.
5. Pour ingredients into a large baking pan and bake for 1 hour in the middle of the oven.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and olives, and broil until cheese is melted -- just a few minutes should do it!