Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Weekly Recipe #114: Penne Pasta Salad

By Rylee Ahnen, University of Minnesota Nutrition Major

It’s here! Spring is finally here! Let the rejoicing commence! I don’t know about anyone else, but in celebration of this lovely weather my friends are going to pack a picnic lunch this weekend and go to Lake Harriet. One of the things that we’ll be bringing is one of my favorite picnic foods, and it’s a real snap to make. I hope you enjoy it as much as my friends and I do. (And that you get a chance to get outside, too!)


Penne Pasta Salad (From allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:
16 oz. Penne Pasta
1 cup Mayonnaise (Miracle Whipe, Hellman’s, etc)
½ cup Dijon Mustard
1 ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1 tbsp Dried Dill
1 Red Onion (Julienned)
2 Bell Peppers, any color (Sliced)

Directions: 
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until it is tender.

2. In a large bowl, mix together the salad dressing, mustard, cheese, and dill.

3. Toss with pasta, peppers, and onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

4. Chill before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment