By Rylee Ahnen, University of Minnesota Nutrition Major
Sometimes I find myself debating whether I want to eat something that tastes good, or if I want to eat something that is good for me. As a nutrition student I should know that there are plenty of foods that can be both, but like they say – old habits die hard. So today I’m going to share a recipe with you that is a standard go-to in my apartment when it’s my turn to cook dinner for my roommates and I want to practice what I preach about healthy eating.
Apple Chicken Quesadillas
4 Flour Tortillas
1 cup Grilled Chicken (Shredded)
¼ lb Cheese, any kind works (Grated)
1 large Granny Smith Apple (Thinly Sliced)
½ cup Salsa
- In a large skillet heat a tortilla on high heat, flipping so both sides begin to brown.
- Sprinkle ¼ of your cheese on one half of the tortilla. Place ¼ of your chicken on top of the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla so the other half is pressing down on the cheese. Flip the tortilla and cook until cheese is melted.
- Once cheese has melted, remove tortilla. Open tortilla and place apple slices and salsa on top of chicken. Re-fold the tortilla.
- Serve hot and enjoy the guilt free deliciousness!