Thursday, November 18, 2010

KEVIN: SNAP Challenge: Day One

My SNAP Challenge began this morning by measuring one cup of raisin bran cereal and a half a cup of skim milk to go along with it. (I actually could have used ¾ of a cup of milk, but I'm saving that quarter of a cup for later today.) The real challenge was trying to stretch my .07 of an ounce of coffee into as many cups as possible. I was able to make slightly more than two cups of coffee, though it is much weaker than I'm used to drinking. Still, it should be enough to prevent caffeine withdrawal.

 

It didn't take long to make my lunch: a peanut butter sandwich and one carrot. I realized this morning that my bananas are ripening much quicker than I had thought they would. I may be eating all of my bananas in the next day or two since I don't want them to go bad and I don't have the ingredients to make banana bread.

 

Looking at my work schedule I realized I probably won't have time to prepare the three drumsticks and pasta that was the menu for dinner. I'll have that meal later, but tonight plan on having a grilled cheese sandwich (using my "imitation" cheese) and a can of tomato soup. See, that ¼ of a cup of milk saved from my morning cereal might come in handy. I would much rather mix the tomato soup with milk than water.

 

Now, it's time to savor my final cup of coffee for the day.

1 comment:

  1. If you put the bananas in the refrigerator the skin will brown but the fruit should stop (or at least slow down) the ripening process.

    good luck-proud of you!

    ReplyDelete